Portrane Hockey Club April 25th 2021
Dear Parents/Guardians/Coaches/Players/COVID Officers & Volunteers
We are delighted to inform you we are returning to Hockey on April 26th, 2021 and are working in strict accordance with both Hockey Ireland and the HSE to ensure all safety measures are in place to reduce the risk and prevent transmission of COVID-19. We have several COVID Officers appointed across all age groups who work as volunteers within the club to ensure that PHC are complying with the Hockey Ireland – ‘Return to Play Protocols’ document and can establish a contact tracing system for the club, further details can be found on https://hockey.ie/covid-19/
We would appreciate if you could adhere to the following procedures:
It is imperative that all players/coaches complete the online Health Declaration Questionnaire (completed by Parent/Guardian for players under 18 years of age) on ClubZap prior to every training session. This Health Declaration Questionnaire must be completed no greater than 2 hours before arrival at the pitch. Any change in health status following the declaration must be notified. Please note that players/coaches who have not completed the Health Declaration Questionnaire prior to arrival at the pitch will be refused permission to train.
· Please note there is no toilet facilities at the Hockey Pitch as the community centre is currently closed.
· Parents are requested to remain in their car at all times and there should be no spectators at the pitch to ensure everyone’s safety.
· Players should arrive ready to train and bring minimal equipment with them to the pitch.
· Essential personal equipment (e.g. water bottle, hand sanitizer) should be kept separate from other players in a designated area.
· Hands should be sanitised on entering and exiting the pitch.
· Signage identifying entry and exit points to the pitch will be used.
· Cough and respiratory etiquette must be maintained at all times.
· Covid Officers should wear face masks on the pitch.
For the safety of everyone in PHC we would ask that if you are experiencing any symptoms of coronavirus not to attend training; self-isolate and contact your G.P straight away.
Common Symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) include:
· A fever (high temperature – 38 degrees Celsius or above)
· A cough
· Shortness of Breath or Breathing Difficulties
· Loss or Change to your Sense of Smell or Taste – this mean you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
In order to ensure the safety of everybody and in line with the HSE ‘Restricted Movements’ we are asking players/volunteers/coaches/COVID officers not to attend training (and restrict their movements from hockey for 14 days) if:
· You or any member of your household are awaiting a COVID – 19 test.
· You are a close contact of a confirmed case of coronavirus.
· You live with someone who has symptoms of coronavirus even if you feel well.
· You arrive in Ireland from another country in most cases. Please see list on gov.ie
For further information please see HSE Restricted Movements (2021) https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/managing-coronavirus-at-home/if-you-live-with-someone-who-has-coronavirus.html
We encourage the parents/guardians/coaches & volunteers to complete the online COVID training where they can gain further information to ensure the safety of everyone involved in the club. https://www.sportireland.ie/covid19/course
We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has supported and cooperated with us during these unprecedented times and we thank you for your patience as we navigate our way through these difficult times. Should you have any queries please feel free to contact Anita Patterson or Siobhan Mc Cann firstname.lastname@example.org Lead COVID-19 Officers.