Get Your Custom Fitted Mouthguard-Gumshield at the James Clinic …
The James Clinic as part of their sponsorship of Mullingar Shamrocks are prepared to provide club members with a custom fitted mouthguard at the special price of €40, a reduction of €50 on the normal price of €90.
The GAA issued the following statement during the week concerning the wearing/non-wearing of Gum Shields and Mouthguards …
Since 1 January 2014, it has been mandatory for all players to wear a mouthguard in all Gaelic football practice sessions and games.
· Gaelic footballers must wear a mouthguard.
· It is the responsibility of each individual player to use a mouthguard
· A properly fitted mouthguard is the best available protective device for reducing the incidence and severity of sports-related dental injuries
· Players can be sent-off in a game for not wearing a mouthguard
· Players will not be covered under the GAA player injury scheme if they don’t comply with the mouthguard rule
· No Mouthguard? No Game!
Custom-fitted mouthguards are individually designed and made in a dental office or a professional laboratory based on your dentist's instructions. These will not just offer the best protection against dental and oral injury but they should not affect performance i.e. breathing and speech should be relatively unaffected particularly if these have been worn regularly. Firstly, your dentist will make an impression of your teeth and a mouthguard is then moulded over the model using a special material. Due to the use of the special material and because of the extra time and work involved, a custom made mouthguard is more expensive than the other types, but it provides the most comfort and protection.